Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Remember the days when you kept wallet-sized studio photos of the people who are close to you and wished you had the best portable photo printer with you? Nostalgic, right? Sad to say, but in this digital age, a lot of people no longer want a printed photo.
Surprisingly, this might just change that: portable photo printers! Admit it, looking at the photos on your phone is satisfying, but there’s something different about holding the photo and showing it to everyone else or sticking it to the walls. Physical keepsakes, you know.
Maybe, it’s time to start printing photos again. Sure, portable photo printers can be more expensive, but they are one of the best investments that can give your traditional pictures a new life. And isn’t that nice?
A good portable photo printer can turn your smartphone into an instant camera. But, which of them should you pick, knowing that there are a lot of choices out there? Among all the choices, which of them is the best mini photo printer?
With this in mind, we have put together the best portable photo printers to give you an idea of the different options that you have and what makes them different from one another.
Best Portable Photo Printers #1: Canon SELPHY CP1300
- Not only will your photos be instantly dry, but they will also look great for up to 100 years4 and...
- Enjoy the simplicity of connecting your smartphone and tablet with ease, through the Canon print...
- The sleek, portable design lets you bring the SELPHY CP1300 with you and with the optional battery...
- With the tilting 3.2 inches LCD screen it's easy to choose, edit and print your favorite photos....
- Print resolution (Up to) color256 levels per color (16.8 million colors). Paper sizes postcard (4.0...
Coming from a reputable brand, the Canon SELPHY CP1300 Wireless Compact Photo Printer makes it possible to print directly from your smartphone or camera with just a Wi-Fi connection and the Canon Print App3. It also allows you to print photos from a USB or memory card.
This portable picture printer produces a printed image size of 6 x 4-inch. The photo that it produces quickly dries, making it perfect for photo albums. They are water-resistant and can last up to 100 years, too.
It comes with a 3.2 inch, tilting LCD screen and has a print speed of 47 seconds per photo. It also has a party shuffle mode, which allows multiple smartphones to connect all at once.
Finally, this portable photo printer also allows you to print directly from your social media accounts.
Best Portable Photo Printers #2: HP Sprocket X7N07A
- Live it - Love it - Print it: Printing off social media photos has never been easier from your...
- A Social on-the-go portable printer: Sprocket uses seamless Bluetooth connectivity, so you can set...
- Have fun - be creative: Customize your photos before you print with the HP Sprocket App to add fun...
- Instant snapshots anywhere: This compact photo printer was made to go wherever you do. It easily...
- How to print: Connect the Sprocket Photo Printer to your mobile device via Bluetooth. Download the...
Another best portable photo printer you could buy today is the HP Sprocket X7N07A. This portable photo printer offers Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity using the HP Sprocket app. With it, you can edit, crop, add filters, stickers, and borders to your photos as well.
It comes with a rechargeable battery that can approximately take up to 35 photos. Furthermore, the basic package comes with a 10 HP ZINK sticky-backed photo paper.
This portable photo printer prints 2×3-inch sticky-backed photos using Zink technology. With it, you’ll be able to get superior and borderless prints.
What makes the HP Sprocket X7N07A a superb choice is that you can also print directly from your different social media accounts or have multiple people print all at once. On top of that, it only takes 30 seconds to print at only 50 cents per print.
Best Portable Photo Printers #3: Canon SELPHY QX10
- Compact and Portable SELPHY Photo Printer.
- High Quality and Fast-drying* 2. 7” x 2. 7” Square Photo Prints.
- Simply Connect to Canon’s SELPHY Photo Layout 2. 0 App** to get Creative with Fun Filters,...
- Print and Stick your Favorite Social Media Photos with the Paper’s Adhesive Backing***.
Released just this year, the Canon SELPHY QX10 is the latest addition to the pocket-size printers, which are specifically made for socialites and Instagrammers who love documenting their experiences.
This portable photo printer prints 2.7 x 2.7-inch square photos using dye-sublimation technology, which makes the photos dry faster. The printer can hold up to 10 sheets, wherein each sheet has an adhesive backing, perfect for art and craft projects.
The prints are of high quality that they are actually both tear and water-resistant. When stored properly, these photos can last up to 100 days.
What makes this portable photo printer different is that the printer can connect with Canon’s SELPHY Photo Layout app, which allows you to add templates, filters, stickers, and more.
Must-Read: Ultimate Guide to iPhone Photography
Best Portable Photo Printers #4: Polaroid Original Polaroid Lab
- The Polaroid lab converts digital photos on your phone to real Polaroid prints through the Polaroid...
- Original Polaroid picture Format for all of your photos.
- The 3 element lens system converts digital photos to analog like magic.
- Add Augmented Reality features to your photos with the Polaroid Originals app
- Create your own collage of Polaroid prints using the Polaroid Originals app.
Released in 2019, Polaroid gives you the perfect solution to turn your smartphone images into original polaroids with the Original Polaroid Lab.
The Original Polaroid Lab portable photo printer has a three-lens system that converts images into authentic polaroids. This is a unique film chemistry process, which turns your images into distinct and authentic polaroids.
It works with i-Type or 600 films and connects to both iOS and Android devices using the Polaroid Originals app. The Polaroid Originals app supports various picture formats and collages. It even has an augmented reality feature that brings your status photos to life.
Best Portable Photo Printers #5: Fujifilm Instax Mini Link
- Print photos easily using the Instax Mini link app (free app download required)
- Bluetooth capability
- Add fun filters and frames to your photos
- Print photos from your videos. Supported image size: 800 × 600 dots
- Quick printing speed of about 12 seconds (approximately 90 second development time after printing)
The Instax Mini Link doesn’t only make printing pictures portable, but also fun and exciting.
It uses the same film used in other Fujifilm Instax cameras, but with this one, you get more control over the results since you are taking the photos from your smartphone. This means that you can edit, tweak, add filters, etc., first before you print your photos. Plus, you can print anytime.
When it comes to weight, the Instax Mini Link is 23% smaller and 20% lighter than the previous Fujifilm Instax SP-2 printer. The only downside is that printing is a little more expensive, specifically if you are printing 62x46mm.
Best Portable Photo Printers #6: Polaroid Mint Pocket Printer
- A Smartphone Printer in Your pocket : amazing handheld Printer Prints high Quality, Full Color...
- Innovative Zero ink technology : there’s no need for pricy toner or Printing supplies; Zink...
- Built in Bluetooth Connectivity : skip the confusing cables & messy wires; pair w/ any Smart device...
- Download the Polaroid app : Free companion app lets you unlock endless editing features including...
- Fashion forward & Travel Friendly : Pick from  fabulously Vibrant Colors; miniature Printers...
If you are looking for a budget-friendly yet stylish and portable photo printer, then the Polaroid Mint Pocket Printer might exactly be what you are looking for.
The Polaroid Mint Pocket Printer is small and lightweight enough to bring anywhere you go. Plus, it is available in different colors for a stylish finish and uses Zink paper to produce color-rich and detailed prints.
With this printer’s Bluetooth connectivity, loading, using, and pairing it with a smartphone is very quick and easy. It also has a long battery life, but keep in mind that the battery runs down quickly on standby. This means that if you haven’t used it in a couple of weeks, do not forget to charge it first before using it because more or less, the battery is drained already.
Best Portable Photo Printers #7: Prynt Pocket
- Turn your iPhone into an instant camera ½ the size of the original Prynt Case, with an...
- Print photos from your phone (even Instagram), or take new ones- printed in 30 seconds
- Add a video to your Prynt and watch it come to life with the app
- No ink necessary- photos are printed directly onto ZINK (zero ink) Sticker Paper- the only photo...
- Peel off the adhesive backing to turn any photo into a sticker! Compatible with the Apple iPhone X,...
The Prynt Pocket is perhaps one of the most innovative portable photo printers on our list. Why? This is because this mini photo printer doesn’t just make printing photos convenient, but it acts as an iPhone case too.
With this, carrying it around is even made easier. Besides, you no longer have to hold two things, by simply sliding in your iPhone, you already have a printer on hand.
This portable photo printer uses Zink technology, which gives you high-quality prints in just 30 seconds. With it, turning your photos on your gallery or Instagram into a printed copy has never been this easy and convenient.
Aside from these things, this portable photo printer is also equipped with different interesting functions. For example, you can embed a video inside your printed image for others with the app to discover by scanning the photo themselves through the Prynt app.
Sadly, the Prynt Pocket is only compatible with iPhones at the moment.
Must-Read: Top 11 Macro Photography Cameras
Best Portable Photo Printers #8: Kiipix
- EASY TO USE SMARTPHONE PRINTER: Instantly print favorite photos from your Smartphone! Place film,...
- PORTABLE PHOTO PRINTER: Take it anywhere! It’s compact and folds flat for easy travel. No...
- PHOTO SCANNER: Add fun filters or just get rid of the red-eye and then use KiiPix photo printer to...
- NO INSTANT CAMERA NEEDED: The KiiPix only requires FUJIFILM Instax mini film (sold separately) and...
- THE BEST PICTURES: For the best pictures, make sure your screen lock is on and that you turn the...
If you want a portable photo printer perfect for the outdoors, Kiipix might be a good choice. This is because this portable photo printer does not require any power or there’s no need to plug for it to work.
Unlike other portable photo printers, Kiipix makes it hassle-free to print photos. All you have to do is to load it with Instax film, place your phone face down on the scanner in full brightness, make sure that it is properly aligned, and manually crank out the prints yourself.
Much more than those things, Kiipix is actually one of the cheapest choices out there. Folding it is easy too, making it so convenient when moving from one place to another.
The only caveat is Kiipix uses more expensive Instax film.
Best Portable Photo Printers #9: Kodak Mini 2
- Easy print technology – mini smartphone printer lets you print 2. 1 x 3. 4” photos direct from...
- Wireless connectivity – NFC one touch for Android Launches Kodak app to print in seconds; also...
- HIGH QUALITY PHOTOS – Innovative 4 PASS D2T2 Dye Transfer Method Produces Beautiful, Detailed...
- All-in-one Convenience – innovative Kodak MC Cartridges combine paper & color ink for easy...
- Free companion app – download the Kodak photo Printer app for filters, Cropping, stickers, card...
Wireless and fast—these two words exactly describe the Kodak Mini 2. Plus, this mini photo printer is compatible with both iOS and Android via Bluetooth connection too.
The Kodak Mini 2 comes with a Near Field Communication (NFC), which when used makes printing a breeze. Specifically, printing only takes a few seconds.
When it comes to print quality, the Kodak Mini 2 produces first-rate photos. This is possible since it uses Kodak’s all-in-one, ink-and-paper cartridges.
It also uses 4Pass printing technology, also known as dye-sublimation, for crisper and more defined photos.
The Kodak app also allows you to edit, tweak, and add filters to your images to your satisfaction before hitting the print button.
Best Portable Photo Printers #10: Epson WorkForce WF110
- The ultimate in portability — Ultra lightweight and compact, even with the external accessory...
- Flexible battery charging — Choose from a variety of charging options, including via USB and AC...
- Built-in battery — a rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers dependable performance in a small...
- External accessory battery available — for even greater Print volume.
- Wireless connectivity, plus Wi-Fi Direct (1) — 5G Wi-Fi; easily print from iPad, iPhone, tablets,...
The Epson WorkForce WF110 can handle both regular and glossy photo papers. It has a built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery, which is very convenient since you can change it when drained and you’re outdoors.
Setting up this portable photo printer is very easy. It connects via Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct and from there, you can already start creating high-quality prints.
This photo printer is ideal when traveling since it is very small and lightweight. When fully charged, it can last for about 100 monochrome prints or 50 color pages.
As for its holding capacity, the Epson WorkForce WF110 can hold a 20-sheet input tray that can also hold one No. 10 envelope or five sheets of photo paper
The downfall of this portable photo printer is that the ink inkjet cartridges are a little more expensive.
Best Portable Photo Printers #11: Canon Pixma TR150
- Take your printing on the go with the Pixma TR150 wireless mobile printer .
- Compact and lightweight, this versatile, space-saving printer is designed for outstanding...
- Print sharp documents and vibrant photos up to 8.5” x 11”
- With an intuitive interface that features a 1.44-inch OLED display, the Pixma TR150 makes it easy to...
- Print hassle-free from a range of wireless options such as the Canon Print App , Apple...
The Canon Pixma TR150 is a five-ink printer that produces outstanding prints on both ordinary or photo paper. This portable photo printer is jam-packed with a lot of amazing features, making photo printing way more convenient, all in just a small and simple device.
This portable photo printer prints quite fast too and can easily be connected to your laptop or other devices via USB or Wi-Fi. It can print up to nine pages per minute in black and white or 5.5 pages if colored.
Best Portable Photo Printers #12: Canon Ivy
- Print from Bluetooth and social media
- Print 2 inches x 3 inches photos with peel and stick backing
- Super portable. Print resolution 314 x 400 dots per inch
- Disclaimer: Requires mobile device to be connected to the Canon ivy mini photo printer via Bluetooth...
- Recommended operating temperature: 59 - 89.6°F (15 - 32°C). Environment humidity: 40 - 50%...
Ivy by Canon is a premium portable photo printer designed not just for ease of use and convenience, but to deliver superb prints as well. It was released in 2018, and up to this day, it is still one of the best choices out there.
This portable picture printer prints 2×3-inch adhesive-backed ZINK photos, which are water-resistant and tear-proof. It is compatible with both Android and iOS devices using the Canon Mini Print app via Bluetooth.
Through the Canon Mini Print app, you can add filters, effects, text, emoji, collages, and the like first before printing out your photos. It can also support augmented reality effects, which allows you to add live filters to your images.
All in all, the Canon Ivy is a good choice that produces brilliant photos in high-quality resolution.
Best Portable Photo Printers #13: Fujifilm INSTAX Share SP-3
- NEW larger SQUARE INSTAX Film (2.4” x 2.4”) is ideal for Instagram prints
- Print real photos wirelessly from your Smartphone or Tablet. Mobile printer can be used anywhere -...
- Easy access to social media photos from Facebook, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, Snapchat, Weibo, etc
- Add text to your photos to make images with special messages and #Tag Print mode allows you to...
- Rechargeable battery
The Fujifilm INSTAX Share SP-3, released in 2017, is a higher version of the very popular SP-2. It comes with an updated printing format, which can print 2.4×2.4-inch square photos using instant film at 318 dpi resolution.
This is a relatively higher resolution compared to the native Zink paper only. With it, you can print in as fast as 13 seconds, making it one of the fastest portable printers out there.
The Fujifilm INSTAX Share SP-3 connects to both Android and iOS devices, in as much as it also supports direct printing from compatible Fujifilm cameras.
Furthermore, you can also copy other film socks, or use the Intelligence Filter to optimize your photos for better results.
Generally, the Fujifilm INSTAX Share SP-3 is an underrated portable mini camera with a modern and sleek design, and classic performance.
Portable photo printers have brought to life printed photos again. In fact, it gave printed photos a new life, with a touch of advanced technology.
So, there you have it. We hope this guide has somehow helped you figure out what you exactly want. If you have other suggestions, feel free to reach out in the comment section.
Are portable photo printers worth it?
Yes, portable photo printers are worth it even when they tend to be more expensive than regular photo printers. This is because you are paying for the convenience that it brings, along with their extra and advanced features.
What is the most reliable portable photo printer?
Every portable photo printer mentioned above are reliable, but our top choice is the Canon SELPHY CP1300. Particularly, we love its party shuffle feature and how fast printer photos dry. Also, the number of printing options is simply amazing.
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.