Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
You’re a photographer whose adventurous spirit is on fire all the time. However, that fiery spirit will easily die out if you’re constantly worrying about your DSLR camera hitting a boulder during hiking… and breaking into pieces. Yikes. That’s why you need to invest in the best camera straps for hiking.
Don’t know where to find a good one? We got you. This roundup talks about the best camera straps for hiking you can buy these days. Get to know which one suits your lifestyle and activity best, so you can hike and take photos with confidence.
Best camera straps for hiking
You can find different types of camera straps today. Some are cheap, while others are craaazy expensive. However, the best camera straps for hiking are reasonably priced.
They still can be pricey, but it’s reasonable since they come with special features that elevate your hiking experience, give you comfort, and keep your DSLR camera secured but easily accessible.
Here are the best camera straps, harnesses, and slings for hiking you can buy today:
- Digital photo accessory.
First on our list is BlackRapid’s no-nonsense but premium camera harness. You can wear it like a backpack and carry up to two DSLR cameras, each secured by a fastener. The strap can also extend up to an adequate length of 63 inches (160 cm).
Now, don’t worry about wearing it together with a hiking backpack because this strap’s pad is not too thick. The pad has just the right amount of thickness of only 0.3 inches (.65 cm). So, you won’t add any more bulkiness and weight to your gear. Plus you can always use it as a single camera sling.
This tops our roundup because it has a sleek and intelligent design. Definitely the easiest pick as the best camera straps for hiking, weddings, or parties.
- Patented Twist & Lock Mount for security and stability
- Spreads load across body to alleviate weight across neck & shoulders
- Ideal for use with DSLR, Mirrorless and Compact System Cameras
- Lens hold-down strap keeps camera and lens flat against your body for ease of movement
- Camera harness for one camera, Rain cover, Anodised aluminium camera hub with rubber washer, Camera...
This Cotton Carrier harness is the ultimate essential for active photographers. In one word, getting this harness is just overall satisfying.
Being in the wild, you have many reservations. So, having a reliable harness—and not just a strap—really eases your worries. This product is designed to secure not just your camera but also you, the photographer.
Cotton Carrier’s CCS G3 works as a vest that wraps around your torso. The carrier’s snug vest design actually improves your weight distribution and ergonomics. As a result, you won’t feel that strain from carrying a camera on your shoulder all day.
And now the best parts. This harness can carry one DSLR camera with a long lens on your chest, which you can secure using the lens hold-down strap. It even has two additional stash pockets for your accessories and smartphone. Plus it comes with a safety tether for that extra security in case the going gets rough in your hikes.
With this harness, you’ll feel comfortable and light while exploring rough terrains and taking snapshots of the beauty around you. That’s why it’s one of the best camera straps for hiking we highly recommend.
- Digital Camera Accessory
- Package Dimensions: 110.0 L x 60.0 W x 240.0 H (millimetres)
- Country of Origin: United States
If you prefer a classic camera support strap for hiking, BlackRapid Sport Breathe would suit you.
We think this is one of the best camera straps for hiking because of how fast and easy you can use it. Just secure your DSLR or SLR camera to Sport Breathe, wear it across your body like a messenger bag, and voila—fast access to your camera whenever you find a great subject or spot in the woods.
This support strap also comes with BlackRapid’s well-known patented shoulder pad shape, with a thickness of no more than 0.3 inches. Together with the underarm stabilizer, this provides you with enhanced ergonomics for long hikes.
As for securing your DSLR camera, it has a locking ConnectR (CR-3) carabine made of zinc and alloy.
- ✅YOUR PERFECT HARNESS This dual strap is great solution to have two cameras near you. We can...
- ✅BEST FOR YOU straps made out from high quality leather, and high-quality metal d-rings. Double...
- ✅WORK IN STYLE Harness were created in absolutely beautiful design, not only comfortable but made...
- ✅INCLUDES TWO SAFETY STRAPS to keep your camera safe
- ✅CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE love them or we will buy them back from you, no question asked!
Want to look classy while taking pictures in events and in the wild? This leather harness will suit you well.
Besides its fashionable look, we also love this harness’s durability. Coiro’s harness is made of leather and metal d-rings, so you won’t worry about it breaking down after a dozen hikes and events.
It also has good ergonomics because of its design. This harness creates an X shape on your back when you wear it, giving you proper weight distribution when you carry two cameras on your hips. As an additional level of security, each camera also has a dedicated safety strap.
All in all, its reliability makes Coiro’s dual-shoulder harness the best leather camera strap for hiking and other demanding activities.
- The best of the SNIPER camera straps. Equipped with all of the newest features for the greatest...
- The new SHOCK ABSORBER, the soft SHOULDER PAD and the underarm strap PITT ensure comfort
- More secure than ever: steel cable woven into strap, including insurance
- Ideal for cameras up to 5 kg
- Ideal for cameras up to 5 kg
We have here another well-revered crossbody strap by active photographers. It may look just like another camera strap, but Sun-Sniper’s strap is one of the best camera straps for hiking because of its smart features.
This support strap has a shock absorber, giving you maximum comfort while carrying a DSLR camera that can weigh up to 5kg. It also has an extra armpit strap, which helps in securing the strap in place even as you walk, squat, or run. Its versatile shoulder pad, meanwhile, also rotates to accommodate both lefties and righties.
The camera won’t easily just come off as well because of a protective ring. If you want, you can add a safety tether to boost security.
Altogether, these smart features provide you with a comfortable experience in a demanding task.
- Cross-Body Strap for Right-Handed Users
- Allows Easy and Fast Access to Camera; Underarm Stabilizing Strap
- Nylon Webbing, 65.7" Adjustable Length, 4.0"-Wide Shoulder Pad
- Spring-Loaded Bumper Locks for Camera; CR-3 ConnectR Locking Carabiner; LockStar ConnectR cover to...
Unlike other straps, BlackRapid’s Sport X is actually designed for active photographers who hike.
Made of versatile material Nylon Webbing, this adjustable strap for your left shoulder has a crossbody design. There are also sliding cam-locks that secure a DSLR camera on your hips.
Like other BlackRapid straps, it’s incredibly easy to use. Just screw in the faster at the base of your DSLR camera and secure it to the carabiner. Adjust your strap’s height up to 66 inches and you’re good to go.
It’s also available in adventure colors Coyote, Multi-Terrain, and Digital Desert Arid. With such eye-catching colors, you will really feel like Indie Jones robbing graves and unearthing treasures.
- 100% GENUINE LEATHER: High End Top Quality Leather, Handcrafted with the finest worksmanship. MADE...
- PANTENT PENDING: 4 point rotation System. To help with Form and Comfort for maxium range of...
- HIGH QUALITY HARDWARE: We use nickel plated brass hardwares to help with corrosion resistance and...
- FOR ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS: Our product was made with the photographer in mind. Whether your shooting a...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: We are proud to offer our customers with a lifetime warranty, on our...
At first glance, this camera sling looks like it has more style than substance. But don’t be fooled—Andino Lite’s handmade leather is more functional for hiking and outdoor activities than it appears.
Made of full-grain leather, this camera sling has extra underarm support that keeps the sling in place. It comes with a stainless steel camera screw, which you can hook on a locking carabiner swivel. There’s also a safety strap for your camera’s mount, adding an extra layer of protection as you move around.
Worried that you’re too tall for this camera sling? You can also choose from a wide range of sizes, from extra small to extra large. This camera sling is available in brown, tan, and black, complementing picturesque parks and gardens.
- Features Cotton Carrier's patented twist and lock carrying system
- Secures 1 camera
- Allows you to be active while still having your camera accessible
- Webbing design goes on in a flash. Slips over the shoulder, then a clip around your torso. Easy to...
- Comes with a new quick release tether to prevent any accidental drops
While not a strap, this great sling-style harness by Cotton Carrier is more than just an active photographer’s essential accessory. This is a premium tool at a surprisingly affordable price.
From the get go, wearing this harness is anything but complicated. You can either wear it on its own or don it together with a bag.
Its no-hassle twist-and-lock system secures your camera on your chest. Its weather cover attached to a tether strap will protect it from light mists, as you venture into humid rainforests or bike with your friends during a rainy morning.
This harness will not only carry DSLR cameras but also binoculars. Because of its versatility and intelligent features, it’s truly one of the best camera straps for hiking.
- Secure Camera Locking System, with Instant Release.
- Perfect for the photographer on the go ;Backup safety camera strap
- 1 or 2 Camera Carrying Design - Carries any type and size of camera and lens combination
- Perfect for Wedding, Sports, Nature, and Studio Photography,Hiking
- One size fits all cameras. The screw can not works with camera monopods or tripods
For its very affordable price, Nicama’s harness vest system has so much to offer. This professional chest harness-vest system is 100% rugged, ideal for sports, sightseeing, or hiking events.
The vest also snugly, giving excellent weight distribution. It has one reliable camera lock system on your chest, consisting of a ring, a safety belt, and an easy-release mechanism. There’s also a huge velcro strap that keeps your precious lens in place.
Need more than one camera or binocular? You can also carry an additional one on your hip with this vest. Plus there’s a key lock that helps you turn the bolts in your camera’s base.
For giving a bigger bang for your buck, Nicama’s harness-vest system is one of the best camera straps for hiking today.
- Durable aluminum quick-adjuster handles let you keep your camera as close to your body as you prefer
- Wear as a sling strap, shoulder strap or neck strap; Reconfigure in seconds. Includes minimalistic...
- Includes minimalistic Anchor Mount.
- 32mm (1.3in) wide seatbelt style webbing for low-profile comfort; Smooth on one side, gripped on...
- New design anchors alert you of wear and tear and are thinner so you can use in conjunction with...
Last but not least is this great strap from Peak Design. This product marks all our checkboxes: affordability, quality, and design.
Slide Lite Camera Strap has an aluminum quick-adjuster, which helps you easily access your DSLR camera anytime. It’s also highly versatile, as you can wear it as a shoulder strap, neck strap, or sling strap. If you wear it as a shoulder strap, you don’t also have to worry about slipping since it comes with a grippy side.
The Unique Anchor Link system is easy to use but also stringent in keeping your camera in place.
Meanwhile, the slim and lightweight Nylon webbing material of the strap adds comfort, as you carry a mirrorless camera during hikes. But don’t mistake its light weight for weakness—this strap can also carry a camera with a bigger lens.
You can also use this strap with Peak Design’s pouches.
Bonus tips: Best camera bags today
Planning to get new gear for next year? Add these great camera bags to your list:
Best camera bag for hiking
If you want to secure your camera(s) and hiking gear in one place, get the Lowepro LP36775 Trekker 450 AW.
Besides being made of high-density nylon, it’s easily adjustable, can secure up to two DSLR cameras, and comes with a hydration-ready side pocket. Truly a reliable companion for hiking and other outdoor activities.
Best mirrorless camera bag
If you’re carrying a mirrorless camera, you better get the BAGSMART Camera Bag. Not only does it have incredible accessibility (up to three access ports!) but it’s also anti-theft.
It’s also made of canvas, one of the most durable but easiest to wash bag materials around. It’s one of the best mirrorless camera bags you could use if you travel or take short hikes a lot.
Cutest camera bag
When it comes to bags, we have different definitions of cute. But when we say cute camera bag, we mean a small and stylish but functional product. That’s why we think Zlyc’s small leather camera bag is truly one of the cute camera bags you can find today.
While it looks unconventionally stylish for a camera bag, it has two of the most essential features for carrying a DSLR camera—space and material. It has spacious internals enough for a Nikon camera and a few accessories. And since it’s made of real, beautiful brown leather, you won’t have to worry about it deteriorating any time soon.
The right camera strap will not only secure your camera but also make sure your adventure is worth the time. You wouldn’t want something complicated to carry in your outdoor activities, right? Fortunately, you have this list as your guide to shopping.
Do you know any other good camera straps and bags? Share them in the comments below! We’d love to hear some recommendations from you.
Which camera strap is best for a DSLR camera?
If you’re looking for a single strap, you should go for BlackRapid Sport Breathe. It’s lightweight, breathable, and doesn’t loosen randomly. But if you want a more secure harness, you should get the Cotton Carrier CCS G3 Camera Harness System
What are camera straps made of?
These days, you can find camera straps made of neoprene, leather, nylon webbing, and cotton. Your best material depends on your factors like comfort, how easy is it to wash, and durability.
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.