Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Are you looking for the best monitors for video editing? Whether you are a professional or an amateur videographer, having a grade-A piece of equipment is necessary to create an excellent project.
However, looking for the ideal monitor can be challenging. You have to consider features such as color fidelity, video resolution, dynamic range, and bit rate. So, keeping up-to-date with the current ideal video quality is definitely an uneasy task.
9 best monitors for video editing
In this guide, we present you with some of the best monitors for video editing available now. Key features like resolution, brightness uniformity, and color accuracy are some of the criteria for making this list. So, you can guarantee that these are among the best for video editing and even photo editing and graphic design.
- ColorEdge CG279X 27" 2560x1440 Hardware Calibration LCD Monitor (Black) - USB Type-C - DisplayPort -...
- Built-In Sensor to Automate Your Workflow
- ColorNavigator 7 Color Management Software
- ColorNavigator Network Color Management Software
- HDR Gamma Support
The best monitors for video editing should remain color-accurate while you work. However, using a third-party device for calibration would only add unnecessary costs.
With the ColorEdge CG279X though, you can forget about other calibration devices because you will no longer need those. The monitor by EIZO has a built-in sensor that allows you to work on projects even while it is recalibrating.
The ColorNavigator 7 is an exclusive proprietary and quality control software for effective color management. It connects you to a Color ColorNavigator Network. This, in turn, provides centralized quality control over all ColorEdge monitors with either ColorNavigator NX or & software.
Administrators will accurately set color modes, register and adjust asset management settings, and even schedule self-calibration, among other tasks. Hosted on an extremely secure cloud server, you no longer have to spend extra on the running costs of having your server.
- 27" UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) Widescreen IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Display
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz (OverClocking to 144Hz) - Using 2 Display Ports
- High Brightness and Contrast with VESA Certified DisplayHDR 400
- DCI-P3 90% Wide Color Gamut | Optimize Colors with Quantum Dot Technology | No Color Difference with...
- Ports: 2 x Display Port v1. 4, 2 x HDMI v2. 0 & 4 x USB 3. 0 Ports (Display Port & USB Cable...
Not only is the Acer Predator XB273K great for gaming, but it is also one of the best monitors for video editing and graphic design.
With a 27-inch display, the monitor offers top-notch performance in color and speed. It features an IPS panel that can support an incredibly fast refresh rate of 144Hz.
Furthermore, the Acer Predator XB273K is G-SYNC Compatible. That means you can maximize its potential in providing richer and vibrant colors for viewing UHD and 4K videos.
Speaking of vibrancy, this model also has VESA DisplayHDR 400 certification and a 90% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, ensuring incredible color accuracy and better contrast. With these qualities, it’s one of the best monitors for designers in the market today.
- PROFESSIONAL MONITOR: 4K UHD (3840x2160p) 60Hz SuperClear IPS monitor deliver lifelike colors...
- ULTIMATE COLOR ACCURACY: Screen wide sRGB, EBU, SMPTE C, Rec. 709, and DICOM SIM color spaces, Delta...
- FRAMELESS DIGITAL CANVAS: A four sided ultra thin bezel shows off more of your masterpiece, and less...
- HARDWARE CALIBRATION: Quick and easy calibration ensures that the color displayed perfectly matches...
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The VP2768 4K supports laptops, PCs, and Apple/Mac operating systems with...
Want lifelike images and intense video performance in 4K resolution? The ViewSonic VP2768-4K PRO Professional video editing monitor is just for you.
It can display 8 million pixels in high density, making this stunning Ultra HD 3840×2160 easily a great choice among the best monitors for video editing.
Factory calibrated to achieve color accuracy at Delta E<2 value, the ViewSonic VP2768-4K PRO Professional also features a detailed calibration report for EBU, sRGB, Rec. 709, SMPTE-C, and DICOM-SIM color spaces.
If you require REC 709/SMPT-C/EBU standards, this monitor will let out the best in your work.
- 32-inch QLED hardware calibrated display provides an extremely sharp and color-accurate picture in...
- 2 HDMI Ports, 1 DisplayPort, 1 mini DisplayPort, and a 4-port USB 3.0 Hub with fast charge...
- VESA mount capability allows you to wall mount the display, while the included fully adjustable...
- Supports adaptive sync for compatible computers with AMD FreeSync technology
- 3-Year Business Warranty with extended warranties available for purchase
The Samsung UH850 Series 31.5 inch 4K QHD monitor features an eye saver mode. This allows lower blue light levels to reduce eye fatigue. This is a crucial feature as you would be working long hours for video editing and production.
Furthermore, its flicker-free technology ensures that you will not experience flickering on all levels of brightness while viewing your videos.
Likewise, viewing dark videos will no longer be an issue. The Samsung UH850 Series 4K QHD monitor also has a Black Equalizer feature for better visibility at 20 varying dark level values.
Lastly, it is factory-calibrated, so you will no longer have to go through hectic color calibrations yourself.
With these user-centered features, it’s easily the best monitor for video editing you could find.
- 32-INCH 4K CURVED MONITOR with world’s most curved 1500R curvature delivers realistic viewing...
- CES 2019 INNOVATION Award Winner
- INCREDIBLY VIBRANT AND DARKER BLACKS with 1 billion colors and 2500:1 contrast ratio
- SPLIT SCREEN FUNCTION like PBP (Picture-by-Picture) lets you connect two different devices while...
- GAME MODE optimizes image contrast in each game genre
Samsung’s UR59C monitor can easily give some of the best monitors for video editing a run for their money. Its ingenious 1500R curved screen adds to the already realistic 4K UHD display. The result is an immersive and unique viewing experience for its users.
Moreover, the UR59C’s upscaling technology features detail enhancement and signal analysis for seamless up-converts of SD, HD, and Full HD image and video content to an almost 4K UHD-quality level.
Supporting over a billion hues and a 2500:1 contrast ratio, it also offers a vast range of colors and accurately darker blacks. So, true-to-life and accurate video quality is an absolute promise.
- 27 inch 4k UHD resolution (3840 X 2160) IPS display
- HDR 10 Compatibility
- Response time 5ms / Refresh rate 60Hz / Contrast ratio 1000:1
- USB Type-C connectivity and sRGB 99% color gamut
- AMD Free sync technology
The LG 27UK850-W is a 4K UHD IPS Monitor with a 27-inch display, making it easily one of the best monitors for video editing to date. It can display Ultra HD content with excellent color accuracy, even when you view the screen at an off-angle.
Besides, it supports USB Type-C connectivity and HDCP 2.2 compatibility, ensuring a seamless display of 4K content from a good number of sources such as memory sticks and external hard drives.
Furthermore, the 27UK850-W monitor is compatible with the industry-standard HDR10 high-dynamic-range. It can support specific levels of brightness and color far exceeding the capabilities of standard monitors.
For color reproduction, the sRGB Color Gamut covers over 99% of the spectrum, so this is highly ideal for those seeking incredibly accurate color displays.
With a good storage capacity and solid features, it’s the best cad monitor you can use.
- AOC 27” 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 UHD LED monitor
- Ips panel with wide Viewing angles and produces over 1 billion colors for rich details
- 3-Sided frameless design, ideal for seamless setup. Brightness (typical) - 350 cd/m²
- 5ms response time for fast Responses
- Accurate colors with over 99% sRGB & 90% NTSC color gamut coverage
Boasting a contemporary frameless design that maximizes screen space and a cleaner set-up for your work station, the AOC U2790VQ offers more than just aesthetics.
With a 27-inch display, the 4K UHD Frameless Monitor provides resolutions of 3840×2160 pixels with great accuracy, delivering sharper images with unnoticeable individual pixels.
Furthermore, the IPS panels enable the production of realistic colors that do not change whether you view the screen from different angles.
Apart from these features, the AOC U2790VQ also features a wide color gamut for smoother color transitions at an expanded 10-bit color. That is far superior to ordinary panels with an 8-bit color depth.
On the other hand, you can say goodbye to eye strain and fatigue with this monitor. AOC has also added LowBlue Mode and FlickerFree technology to this outstanding model.
With such excellent features, this 4K frameless monitor is one of the best monitors for video editing that’s worth your money.
- 28 inches 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) with 1ms response time and Adaptive Sync/AMD Free Sync for immersive,...
- ASUS Eye Care technology lowers blue light and eliminates flickering to reduce eyestrain and...
- 5 Way OSD joystick delivers intuitive monitor controls so you can access features such as ASUS Game...
- Compliance and Standards EAC logo, Energy Star, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, FCC, PSB, PSE, RoHS,...
- Exclusive Game Plus and Game Visual settings enhance color performance and control. ASUS Rapid...
With a slightly larger screen, the Asus VP28UQG can effortlessly stand out from the best monitors for video editing on this list.
This model provides a 28-inch 4K UHD Display with a stunning visual resolution of 3840×2160 and a pixel density of 157PPI—making HD videos appear realistic.
On the other hand, you do not have to suffer through smearing and motion blur when editing and watching videos. Thankfully, the Asus VP28UQG has a 1ms response time, which is the fastest yet.
It, likewise, allows Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync supported graphic sources to adjust display fresh rates and eliminate screen tearing for smoother visuals.
- AOC 32" (31. 5" viewable) widescreen monitor with 4K UHD 3840x2160 resolution
- Super-Curve 1500R VA panel that displays more accurate colors with wide-viewing angles that comform...
- Super-Color Wide color gamut with 121% sRGB, 90% Adobe RGB and 89. 8% DCI-P3 area coverage for truer...
- LowBlue mode that reduces the amount of harmful blue spectrum of light to help prevent damages....
- FlickerFree panel that displays video signal without flickering backlighting for comfortable viewing...
AOC CU32V3 is easily one of the best monitors for video editing these days.
It introduces Screen+ technology wherein you can view various segments, enhancing productivity and work efficiency in big projects such as film editing and production.
With a 32-inch Super-Curved display, the 4K UHD monitor delivers crystal-clear visuals at resolutions of 3840×2160 pixels and a Super-Color Wide color gamut covering 121%. Furthermore, it showcases advanced VA panels for excellent wide viewing angle.
The CU32V3 also has an area coverage of 89.8% DCI-P3 and 90% Adobe RGB for accurate color display.
At 16.7 million display colors and brightness at 250 nits, this AOC monitor is great for working and viewing highly intensive graphics. It also features a Kensington Security Slot for added protection. This is the best 4k monitor for video editing currently.
All these best monitors for video editing offer a wide range of features and at varying price tags. But it is still up to you which of these suit your requirements best.
While your budget is a primary concern, you also have to consider several technical features such as screen dimensions, resolution, and panel types to get the most out of a video-editing monitor.
Are curved monitors good for video editing?
Yes. Mainly, it is because curved monitors offer an immersive view, especially when a viewer has to maintain a constant focus on a display from a distance.
By reducing constant focus shifts, which is common on flat screens, you put less strain on your eyes and will find long periods of work on a curved monitor much more comfortable. Therefore, lesser eye fatigue for hardworking video editors like you.
Besides, most of the best monitors for video editing are curved.
Is a curved monitor good for Photoshop?
We don’t exactly recommend it. A curved monitor might not be suitable. You might get distorted images due to the planar sensors on digital cameras for photography.
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.