Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
If you want to present products through photos in the best way possible, you need the best lenses for product photography. Whether it’s to snap pictures of food, clothes, jewelry, furniture, and more, you need the right lens.
Best lenses for product photography & videography
Struggling to choose the best lens for product photography? Make sure to browse this list to discover your best choice!
1. Nikon AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G – Best lens for product photography
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic...
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal...
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare...
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length...
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International...
For some users, the Micro-NIKKOR 105mm is a bit chunkier than its previous versions. Its metal construction looks and feels sturdy, measuring 33 by 45 inches and weighing 279 ounces.
It also features Vibration Reduction (VR) and Silent Wave Motor (SVM) technology that allows you to snap close up, macro shots, and capture dramatically sharper videos, making it one of the best lenses for product photography.
Although Micro-NIKKOR is not zoomable, its internal focus gives you quiet and fast autofocusing that does not change the length of the lens.
Even in low-light environments, its fast f/2.8 aperture will capture your object with stunning brilliance, making it really stand out in the background.
- Offers stable and fine image quality from wide to mid-telephoto range
- This lens has a combination of fixed aperture and a good zoom ratio that is kept as high as possible
- minimum focusing distance of 45cm and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:4.6. great for close up...
- MC-11 Compatible
- German (Publication Language)
What makes Sigma one of the best lenses for product photography is its excellent focus even in the dark, making it great for most close-up shots.
Most users commend this lens for its exceptional focus capabilities for its price. This is made possible by the Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) feature and its Optical Stabilizer (OS) technology compensate for any shakiness.
This is a high-tech lens with an installed lens firmware, which can be updated to adjust certain parameters like the focus. So, if you are getting Sigma 24 as your next lens, be sure to stay tuned to Sigma’s official website for future updates.
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background Blur...
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in). Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:2.9 (Wide);...
- Close-focusing; minimum object distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto...
- All-new “rxd” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Moisture-resistant construction and fluorine coating for weather protection..Maximum Diameter:Φ73mm
Do you own a Sony mirrorless camera? This Tamron 28 lens will come in handy.
Its quiet AF unit “rxd” stepping motor and moisture-resistant construction make it one of the best lenses for product photography. Its fast f/2.8 aperture gives you the best color rendition of any object you are shooting.
So, if you plan to shoot a continually moving subject, Tamron’s precise and high-speed AF will accurately detect the lens position to give you that best shot.
Use this when you are snapping shots of an object on a sunny day facing the sun, and you will not find any annoying haze on your photos. Its 0.19m Minimum Object Distance makes it ideal not just for product photography but also for street, portrait, and cityscape photography.
4. Panasonic LUMIX G X Vario Power Zoom Lens, 45-175MM – Best lens for gh4 video!
- 90mm-350mm in 35mm equivalent zoom
- Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes reflections at entire visual light range
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) integrated into the lens makes it easy to shoot sharp images...
- Power zoom; Minimum Aperture: F22
If you own a GH4 camera, this Panasonic LUMIX G zoom lens will be one of the best lenses for GH4 video.
This lens unit is surprisingly light, given its zoom range of 45 to 175 mm. Its zoom is internally built,, so the lens does not extend. It has a power zoom feature (optional) that you can use for both video and stills.
A reason why the LUMIX G lens is one of the best lenses for product photography is that even in low-light situations, you will still be able to shoot sharp photos. This is because of its powerful optical image stabilizer (OIS) feature. If you are shooting in areas with strong lighting, this lens’s Nano Surface Coating minimizes flaring and ghosting.
5. Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm – One of the best Nikon lenses for video
- Includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty
- Compact all-in-one DX-format zoom lens that goes from wide-angle (18mm) to telephoto (140mm) for...
- Designed to draw peak performance from Nikon's new high-resolution image sensors. VR image...
- Get as close as 1.48-feet from your subject, then zoom in for dazzling macro-style close-ups. Superb...
Are you looking for an all-in-one, compact lens? This AF-S DX NIKKOR can make one of the best Nikon lenses for video!
It is a general-purpose lens that can capture sharp and crisp images from wide-angle shots to close-ups and more. If you are going to an event, instead of bringing multiple lenses, just carry this DX NIKKOR, and you’re assured of getting the best shots.
Its VR image stabilization feature allows for sharper handheld videos even at telephoto distances and low-light conditions. Its extra-low dispersion (ED) glass will bring better contrast in your shots, and its SVM offers ultra-quiet, ultra-fast autofocusing.
- F mount lens/DX format. Picture angle with Nikon DX format 44 degree
- 52.5 millimeter (35-millimeter equivalent). Rear focusing; Manual focus override
- Aperture range: F/1.8 to 22; Dimensions(approx.) 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent wave motor AF system. Accepts filter type is screw on. Lens construction: 8 elements in 6...
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode. Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.16x
If you are trying to snap a shot of a single product or object, one way to emphasize it effectively is through a blurred background, a.k.a. Bokeh effect.
The best lenses for product photography can make a good dramatic effect on this photo-subject isolation technique. For instance, this Nikon AF-S DX lens’ fast f/1.8 max aperture is perfect for creating softly blurred backgrounds.
Compatible with DX and FX in DX crop mode formats, this lens can perform well in low-light environments. Keep in mind that AF-S DX is a prime lens, meaning it is not capable of zooming. So, you must adjust your own position closer or further away from a subject for a more optimal shot.
- 55-200mm zoom Nikon lens with f/4-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- 2 extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements for minimized chromatic aberration and superior optics
- Silent Wave Motor produces quick and quiet high-speed autofocusing; weighs 9 ounces
- Measures 2.7 inches in diameter and 3.1 inches long; 1-year warranty
- White box(bulk packaging)
At f/4 max aperture, Nikon’s 55-200mm is not among Nikon’s fastest lenses. Yet it can give you superb results, making it one of the best lenses for product photography for its price.
Since its zoom lens is more than 150-200mm, you must place your camera on a stationary surface, tripod, or monopod to prevent unnecessary blurring.
Although this lens offers a decent focal range, it will not perform well in low-light conditions, so make sure to set up your product under enough light for optimal shots.
8. Panasonic LUMIX G Lens, 25mm – One of the best lenses for gh4
- Micro Four Thirds a versatile MFT 25 millimeter lens with a natural viewing angle Suitable for a...
- F1.7 brightness beautiful background bokeh effect from its large diameter F1.7 aperture
- Super lightweight compact at only 125G/ 2.05 inches Length, Lens construction 8 elements in 7 groups...
- Photo and video Hybrid photography enabled for both photo and HD video recording with quiet and...
- Angle of View:47°
What makes LUMIX G one of the best lenses for product photography is nano surface coating technology. It reduces flaring and ghosting, resulting in extremely clear photo results. Some users even observe its capabilities to be that of a 50mm lens, which is a close approximation to what the human eye sees.
This could have been one of the best lenses for GH4—sadly, its lens is not stabilized, so it would not be ideal for handheld video capturing. Its high-definition capability is enabled for both video recording and photo capturing.
Although it’s great in general, some LUMIX G lens users complain about the minor delay when manually adjusting the focus. This is because it uses focus by wire (internal) instead of mechanical focusing (where you see the lens actually extending).
9. Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens – One of the best Nikon lenses for videography
- Fast, upgraded f/1.8, compact FX format prime lens. The picture angle with 35 millimeter (135)...
- Focal length 50 millimeter, minimum focus distance 1.48 feet (0.45 meter)
- Newly developed optical system with aspherical lens element, exclusive Nikon silent wave motor (SWM)
- M/a focus mode switch, filter thread 58 millimeter, autofocus: Yes. Dimensions (approx.) (from the...
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both fx and dx format d SLRS
This AF-S NIKKOR lens might not be zoomable, but at wider aperture settings it can render a crisp, natural-looking bokeh.
It is optimized to produce sharp images on the edges on both DX and FX-format DSLRs, and this is ideal for capturing quality product photos. If you are shooting at wide apertures, this lens’s aspherical lens element (AS) feature eliminates aberrations on the photo.
This lens can make one of the best Nikon lenses for videography, but only if you can successfully set it up to its final focus and aperture, depending on the occasion. Its mechanical adjustment sounds might be captured in your video.
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in...
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1x), autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-range correction system (CRC). Silent wave motor (SWM)
- Angle of view is 38 degree 50 feet. Features focus distance indicator 0.53 feet to infinity having...
Because of Micro-NIKKOR’s 1.0x max reproduction ratio and 40mm focal length, it is one of the best lenses for product photography. It’s not zoomable, so it only serves as a close-up lens for Nikon DSLRs.
Although not ideal for low-light photography, its bokeh capabilities are superb, making the object stand out naturally from its background.
Its f/2.8 lens is fast and ideal for close up snaps with narrow depth of field. Its macro photography capability captures most details in an object as well.
Still wondering what are the best lenses for product photography? Consider your lighting setup, object size, the area you’re shooting in, and your distance from your subject. Since versatility (or multiple angle shots) is a requirement of product photography, a zoom lens will be ideal for this situation.
Which is the best camera for product photography?
In product photography, you want to capture every visual detail your product has. As such, Panasonic Lumix FZ80 4K is best for this purpose with its multi-focus capability and 4K photo and video capture quality.
What is the best lens for still life photography?
While most prime lenses won’t do well in low-light conditions, Micro-NIKKOR 105mm begs to differ. It’s quiet and fast and will capture most image details in any lighting condition.
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.