Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Let’s face it. Your TV’s poor speakers will never be enough for those Lord of the Rings trilogy reruns. You have to watch epic movies with the best soundbar around. Don’t know where to buy a good one? Well, you’re in luck because we listed the best soundbars under 1000 here.
Best soundbars under 1000 for your home theater
With the movie theaters closing indefinitely, it isn’t surprising that more people have been investing in home entertainment.
While the feeling of sitting in a movie theater is irreplaceable, people basically have no choice but to adapt to the lockdowns and limited mall hours. That’s why DIY home theaters have been the rage these days.
However, even before the pandemic, many homes in the US have been investing in their home entertainment. In fact, 186 million home audio devices were shipped in 2019, which is 20% more than the number in 2018.
Meanwhile, the home theater system market is being projected to grow steadily in the years to come. Some of the brands expected to reign are Samsung, Philips, JBL, Sony, and more.
With the flourishing of home audio tech brands, choosing the best soundbars under 1000 could be overwhelming.
And it doesn’t help that most of these soundbars look the same. It doesn’t mean that they work the same way, though.
This is where our guide can help you. Below, we listed the best soundbars under 1000 you could buy today.
- 3D TRUE SURROUND SOUND (DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS: X): Explore the depths of sound with Dolby Atmos and...
- TRUE 7.1.2CH SOUND: Soundbar Q900T consists of 7 channels, 1 subwoofer channel, and 2 up-firing...
- Q-SYMPHONY: Breakthrough technology that synchronizes Samsung QLED TV speakers with the Q-Series...
- ALEXA BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANT: Your soundbar comes with Alexa Built-in. Enjoy all the things you...
- ADAPTIVE SOUND: Soundbar Q900T analyzes your content to automatically deliver optimized sound based...
If you have the budget, HW-Q900T is truly one of the best soundbars under 1000 you could buy.
At a glance, Q900-T has a sleek design that sits perfectly with a posh TV. But the best assets of this soundbar is its true 3d surround sound, thanks to Samsung’s special Q-symphony technology and Dolby Atmos-DTS:X capability.
Q-symphony is an audio technology present in Samsung TVs, and it’s now present in 2020 speakers and soundbars like HW-Q900T. Q-Symphony makes the audio sound like you’re in a concert hall. That means the voice will also sound clearer and the SFX will be more emphasized.
Moreover, by having DTS:X, you can listen to sounds accurately. DTS:X incorporates the height of the object when producing sounds. That means when someone in a movie or TV show speaks nearby but from a high place, you will truly hear them in that way… as if you’re standing next to them.
So, with these two, you will have a more realistic listening experience in films, TV series, and games.
Having those features together with its QLED compatibility, HW-Q900T is definitely worth the expensive price.
- Gaming speaker
- Bluetooth speaker
If you’re looking for a perfect companion for a flat-screen TV or 27″ Razer desktop monitor, then you should get this soundbar.
Apart from its sleek signature Razer look, its impeccable sound will immerse you in a movie or a game for hours.
The 5.25” downward-firing subwoofer will also please you if you’re particular about bassy sounds and power. It’s perfect for nonstop gaming, where you want to hear every boom, crack, or squeak in the virtual world.
It also supports a lot of Dolby formats like Pro Logic, Digital, and Virtual Speaker. The Dolby Virtual Speaker is especially ideal for PCs and digital TV streaming. It can achieve a realistic surround sound with no more than two speakers.
As for connecting your devices, you can either use Bluetooth or Near-Field Communication (NFC) to stream music or play movies. NFC is a lot like Bluetooth, but it’s apparently ten times faster than the latter.
This is one of the best soundbars under 1000, especially if you’re a gamer or a streamer.
- Beam - The smart, compact soundbar for TV, music, and more.
- High definition sound - Experience rich, detailed sound for your TV that fills the entire room.
- TV, music and more - Play music, TV, movies, podcasts, radio, audiobooks and video games.
- Easy control - Control Beam with your voice, remote, the Sonos app, and more.
- Voice control - Amazon Alexa is built right in so you can play music, check news, set alarms, and...
Sonos Beam is another of the best soundbars under 1000, but it’s also on the pricier side. Interestingly, it’s slimmer and smaller than other soundbars at only 25 inches. However, this soundbar packs a lot of punch in its audio performance.
Beam has four full-range woofers, which means you can get a wider frequency range. That means you’ll hear lots of interesting sounds like bass and mid-range frequencies.
We also like that it has five Class-D digital amplifiers, which are known for being the most efficient kind of amplifiers. In fact, class D amplifiers are a popular choice for car amplifiers and PA systems. They’re also more energy-saving because they’re smaller and lighter.
With these features, Beam is a highly efficient soundbar that provides fuller sound for picky ears. Definitely a reliable soundbar not just for casual listening but for professional audio work.
Must-read: Best Camcorders for YouTube
- 3D SURROUND SOUND - The captivating experience of DTS Virtual: X turns your living room into a...
- BLUETOOTH MULTI CONNECTION - Seamlessly switch between two different connected smart devices
- BLUETOOTH MULTI CONNECTION - Seamlessly switch between two different connected smart devices
- SMART SOUND - The soundbar detects what you’re watching and automatically optimizes the sound...
- OPTIMIZED GAMING SOUND - Connect your console to the soundbar to boost your gaming experience....
Like Q900T, T550 has Samsung’s coveted true 3d surround sound. However, we particularly like that T550 comes with a wireless bass. Together, these two will better engulf a room with more sound, making your listening experience way more immersive. You won’t need height speakers.
But how does that work?
Well, this soundbar is also equipped with Dolby Atmos and DTS: Virtual X. Now, you already know that Atmos plus DTS:X is good stuff, right? What about Atmos and DTS: Virtual X? Well, it’s way even better.
Virtual X is a versatile technology that helps you create overhead effects without height speakers. That means you can still experience that great surround sound even in an open floor plan room setting.
This is all thanks to its spatial audio techniques like delaying the sounds, giving you the illusion of hearing atmospheric sounds.
So, if you ask us, this bundle is definitely worth the price.
- New Arrival: Slim and understated Design, Wired Subwoofer for Deep Bass, High-Performance...
- 2.1 channel 120 Watt: The sound bar houses a digital amp and four cone speakers with large magnets...
- DSP Technology: Thanks to the Digital Signal Processing, can raises the level of Movie/Music/Dialog...
- Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmission: Bluetooth wireless transmission technology, strong...
- Make Your TV into a Home Theatre: This Sound bar turns your television into a complete home theater...
Bestisan 2.1 has premium value to offer—particularly, a solid, crisp sound at an inexpensive price tag. It notably has a digital amplifier, Digital Signal Processing (DPS), and a high-performing subwoofer.
Having a true digital amplifier and DPS, you can ensure this soundbar will preserve audio quality from start to finish.
This is crucial, as some soundbars that claim to be digital aren’t really digital. Others use analog-to-digital converters, which means you might hear more annoying background noise.
Meanwhile, Bestisan is also known to have a highly sensitive remote control that lets you easily switch between EQ modes. The five input modes (Bluetooth, Aux, Optical, Coaxial, and USB) also add a layer of flexibility to this soundbar.
For giving the best value, Bestisan 2.1 is one of the best soundbars under 1000 you won’t regret buying.
- Designed slim and engineered powerful for a better sound experience that won't get in the way of...
- Built in voice assistants, like Alexa and the Google Assistant, with superior voice pickup from a...
- With Wi Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple airplay 2 compatibility, you can wirelessly stream whatever you...
- Play integrated music services like Spotify, music and audible through Bluetooth or Wi Fi...
- Control comes easy with three different ways to manage what you hear: voice, Bose music app, or...
Bose is a household name among home entertainment enthusiasts. And this soundbar doesn’t disappoint.
Expandable, slim, and powerful, it’s all you could hope for in a soundbar. We recommend it, especially if you live in a small condo unit or making a starter man cave.
To even boost 500’s performance up a notch, you could add the bass module to get a rich sound. You could also equip it with two surround speakers for a cinematic atmosphere in your room. Or, you could go all the way and both of them and get the ultimate surround sound experience.
The only downside is that Bose 500 supports Dolby Digital—a downgrade from Dolby Atmos, which is object-based and supports more channels. With that said, the sound that Bose 500 produces surprisingly has great clarity, especially in spoken words.
We also like that it has a music app, which lets you use your phone as a remote to control the soundbar—that, plus being integrated with Alexa and Google Voice.
If you want an expandable soundbar for purely entertainment purposes, Bose 500 is one of the best soundbars under 1000 you could get.
Must-read: Cheapest Mirrorless Cameras
- Built-in subwoofers for deep bass in one slim sound bar
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- DTS Virtual: X virtual 3D surround sound
- Bluetooth streaming that allows easy switching between two devices
- Simple setup with HDMI or optical
SR-B20A is not just one of the best soundbars under 1000. It’s also one of the devices with understated features yet unmatched quality on this list.
Let’s start with the greatest asset. Like Samsung’s T550, this soundbar has the well-sought DTS Virtual:X. So, this feature alone will already assure you of a thrilling listening experience—whether you’re watching a short documentary or listening to Lady Gaga.
Plus, if you’re idly binge-watching Friends for the nth time, you’ll find the Clear Voice feature in handy. It helps in making the dialogue clearer and more audible.
Hate the woofer-soundbar bundles that you see everywhere? You might like this soundbar because it has built-in subwoofers. With this, you can save space in your home entertainment area if you want to expand it.
Inside, you also have the two tweeters, making the sound more engaging by adding more detail.
Meanwhile, if you’re keen on accessibility, you’d love Yamaha’s Sound Bar Remote App. Through this app, you can change the sound modes and inputs from your phone—no need to get up and fuss around the soundbar’s physical controls.
Yamaha’s SR-B20A is a good deal you shouldn’t miss.
- BIGGER, MORE DYNAMIC SOUND - Packed inside this slim and sleek sound bar 7 powerful drivers and...
- EXPERIENCE IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND WITH POLK's PATENTED SDA AUDIO TECHNOLOGY and 5.1 Dolby Digital...
- Polk's exclusive Voice Adjust Technology even lets you INDEPENDENTLY CONTROL VOICE LEVELS maximizing...
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC with GOOGLE CHROMECAST from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible...
- ENDLESS CONNECTION OPTIONS - 3 HDMI Inputs (HDCP 2.2 compliant), 1 HDMI-ARC output for connecting...
MagniFi Max is an ideal soundbar-subwoofer sound system if you’re buying one for the first time… and don’t want to spend beyond $500.
Compared to the others on this list, MagniFi Max is more affordable. However, its sound quality still gives the others a run for their money.
MagniFi Max produces great, clean surround-sound because of Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS. Dolby Digital 5.1 has six channels, one of them allowing you to feel the sound in movie theaters and not just hear it. With this technology in a soundbar, you can guarantee true surround-sound.
And since it comes with a dedicated subwoofer, you can assure an added boost to the sound.
If you binge-watch a lot of series, you will particularly like its Voice Adjust Technology, which lets you change the volume of the characters’ voices. Meanwhile, if you like listening to music in the mornings, you can easily connect it to your smartphone’s Spotify, Apple Music, or Google Home app via Bluetooth.
Overall, it’s one of the most affordable, best soundbars under 1000 you must not miss.
9. LG SK9Y
- Dolby Atmos - experience cinematic sound at home: with Dolby Atmos, the action can move anywhere in...
- High Resolution audio - digital music for audiophiles, with higher sampling rates and Bit depth,...
- Works with the Google assistant; Soundbar Standby Power Consumption: Less than 0.5W
- Chromecast compatible - Google Chromecast works seamlessly with popular music apps like Pandora and...
- Wireless Surround Ready - this upgradeable sound bar has been designed to accept optional wireless...
LG SK9Y is a great soundbar that supports a wide range of sound formats. Sadly, it has been discontinued by LG. But it’s still available on Amazon and other marketplaces like Bestbuy.
Quality-wise, you will find the sound crisp and clean. This is thanks to its high sample rate, which means there are more details about where the sound waves rise and fall. More details mean better quality.
Like HW-Q900T, it has Dolby Atmos, so you can guarantee true surround sound without needing a lot of speakers. So, even if your TV room or home theater is small, you can hear the sound like it’s bouncing off the wall.
Besides Atmos, it also supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS Digital Surround. It’s also compatible with your Google Chromecast and other music streaming platforms.
Atmos especially stands out in this soundbar. If you’re streaming shows or movies that support Atmos, then you will be happy with this investment.
Must-read: 14 Best Cameras for Music Video
10. SAMSUNG HW-T450
- BLUETOOTH TV CONNECTION - Connect listen enjoy Bluetooth TV connection Connect via Bluetooth and...
- POWERFUL BASS - Deep rich bass Feel the action and the beat of the music with the rich bass from the...
- SMART SOUND - Optimized sound for your favorite content The soundbar detects what you’re watching...
- ONE REMOTE CONTROL - A world of sound with one remote One remote is all you need Control key...
- GAME MODE - Optimized gaming sound Connect your console to the soundbar to boost your gaming...
The T450 is a recent bundle from Samsung we just had to include in this list.
It’s more inexpensive than other soundbars, given that you can buy it with a rear speaker. Yet, it doesn’t fall short in performance and quality.
The best thing about this soundbar is its rich, deep bass sounds. The voice clarity is also impressive.
T450 is also equipped with Smart Sound technology, which assesses the kind of content you’re playing and optimizes the best sound settings for it. This is very helpful if you switch a lot among streaming series, movies, and music.
Now, while it has a great wireless subwoofer and a remote, it doesn’t have an app. This is a bit of a caveat, especially if you prefer using your phone to stream.
It would’ve been more convenient to control the soundbar and browse music to stream on one device. With that said, some people like having a remote control instead of a smartphone app, so it all boils down to your preference.
For the price, the sound quality of T450 is nothing but outstanding. It’s one of the best soundbars under 100 with such incredible value.
11. SAMSUNG HW-S60T
- SIDE HORN SPEAKER WITH SAMSUNG ACOUSTIC BEAM - Experience a panoramic and room-filling sound with...
- KVADRAT DESIGN - Elegant design refined by Kvadrat. The perfect accent for any interior.
- DEEP BASS: Maintains crisp detail at low frequencies by adding depth for consistent, powerful audio.
- WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Enhance your soundbar's audio with intense, rich bass throughout the room —...
Last but not least is the S60T. It is an all-in-one soundbar—and an excellent one at that. It’s also the most good-looking one on this list.
The defining, more obvious asset of this bundle is the soundbar design. It has an elegant texture, thanks to Kvadrat, a designer of high-end textiles and fabrics in Denmark. The wireless subwoofer, meanwhile, has that retro look and metallic finish. It will especially suit a posh apartment or condo unit with a Scandinavian theme.
How about the quality? Well, it isn’t far away from its look.
This soundbar supports both Dolby Audio and DTS. These two sound formats are often pitted against each other, but they perfectly work together in bringing a cinematic experience at home.
Like T450, S60T has smart features that modify the sound based on the content you’re streaming.
You can either buy it with a subwoofer or on its own. But it’s best if you buy these together for that unparalleled listening experience.
Thanks to Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, and more, you can now stream your favorite movies and series at the comfort of your home. But to emulate the cinematic experience you crave, buy one of these soundbars. Why go for good experiences when you know you can have the best, right?
Is any soundbar better than TV speakers?
Yes. If you really want the best watching or listening experience, use a soundbar instead of your TV speakers. It will make the experience more immersive since the voices and sound effects will have more clarity. Some soundbars even support object-based sound formats, which will allow you to listen to sounds as if it’s happening in real life.
What is the best soundbar under $100?
We highly recommend the Sony S100F 2.0ch Soundbar. It’s one of the best deals you’ll get if you’re making a DIY home entertainment set. It’s effortless to assemble, plus it has a Bass Reflex speaker and voice-enhancing feature, perfect for binge-watching TV series.
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.