Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Who says you can’t have a home theater system in a small apartment? Buy the best bookshelf speakers under 1000 and show them that you can.
Don’t know where to find a good pair? No worries.
In this guide, we listed the best bookshelf speakers under 1000 you can find today.
The best bookshelf speakers under 1000
Normally, people buy bookshelf speakers because they don’t have enough floorspace for tower speakers. This is especially true in small condo units where floorspace is valuable.
A pair of tower speakers would only consume extra space in a living room or bedroom, plus it would be harder to move around. So, the best alternative is a pair of bookshelf speakers since you can move them around easily.
You can even put them anywhere—on a coffee table or a bookshelf (obviously)—thus they’re more convenient in the long run.
Nevertheless, most people, especially audiophiles, prefer tower speakers over bookshelf speakers because of the former’s greater power. Tower speakers also have the capacity to hold more than two drivers, apart from a woofer and a tweeter, which guarantees greater sound outputs.
However, that doesn’t mean you won’t find bookshelf speakers with three drivers and great sound quality. Edifier, Elac, and Dali are just a few of the good bookshelf speaker brands that prove this point.
Below, we listed the best bookshelf speaker under 1000 you need to complete your home entertainment system. Doesn’t matter if your apartment or music room has limited space. These bookshelf speakers will fit just right.
1. SVS Ultra
- Reference bookshelf speakers with flawless tonal balance, stunning dynamics, unveiled highs and...
- 6.5-inch mid-bass drivers feature composite glass-fiber cones that yield excellent stiffness to mass...
- A proprietary SVS SoundMatch 2–way crossover enhanced by expertly refined topology ensures...
- Every feature on the Ultra Bookshelf speaker cabinet is designed with a sonic purpose in mind....
- “Superb clarity, classy looks, a wide soundstage and an unbelievable low end. The SVS Ultra is the...
Just like how it looks, SVS Ultra blasts power the moment you press play. Yet, its superb quality comes at an affordable price. That’s why it tops our list of the best bookshelf speakers under 1000.
What’s so premium about this pair? First, the two speakers are made of an excellent material—natural, high-quality veneer. Some speakers are marketed as made of veneer; but, in reality, they’re just made of wood laminate.
Next, the sound is similar, or heck, even exceeds that of a tower speaker. The 6.5-inch mid-bass drivers, made of glass fiber cone, are faithful to the source. The result is a natural, crisp sound that won’t annoy your dog or the neighbors.
This pair also comes with SVS’s trademark technology, SoundMatch. This ensures a smooth transition among the drivers, pinpoint imaging, and phase coherence. Through this, you will feel as if you’re in the same room with the musicians or the movie itself.
Meanwhile, despite being passive, you still get a full sound from this pair. With that said, you can always get a subwoofer if you want your home entertainment system to feel more complete. But with its quality, you probably won’t need it—unless you’re a true-blue audiophile who just can’t get enough.
Overall, it’s the best deal for a pair of bookshelf speakers on this list.
- WIRELESS LEFT/RIGHT SPEAKER SETUP - Edifier’s first plug-in speaker system that offers wireless...
- KLEERNET WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY - For vastly improved efficiency and quality over traditional Bluetooth...
- HIGH QUALITY STREAMING AND EASY CONNECTIVITY - Certified Hi-Res audio and Bluetooth 5.0 support with...
- CLEAR MORE NATURAL SOUNDING HIGHS - Edifier's signature planar diaphragm tweeter provide clearer,...
- POWERFUL ROOM-SHAKING BASS - Courtesy of a 6.5" aluminium alloy diaphragm bass unit. Get the strong...
Edifier S3000 Pro is simply an incredible pair of speakers. It stands out of the crowd because of how its two drivers produce flawless sounds with different ranges.
Being an active pair of speakers, S3000Pro has a built-in 6.5” aluminum alloy diaphragm bass unit. So, you can enjoy bass-heavy music and sounds without worrying about adding a subwoofer.
The planar diaphragm tweeters, meanwhile, produce highs (or sounds with high frequencies) with outstanding clarity. High-pitched songs like Hello by Adele and Video Games by Lana Del Rey will sound pleasant—and not like shrieking—even at high volume levels.
With this pair, you can guarantee clean sounds at any volume level. Plus, these speakers have Bluetooth and USB connectivity, so you won’t worry about the clutter of extra wiring.
Having convenience and surprisingly great performance, it’s definitely one of the best bookshelf speakers under 1000.
- Custom-designed Concentric driver
- Beautiful, furniture-quality finish
- Sophisticated crossover. Sensitivity - 85 dB at 2.83 v/1m. Nominal impedance - 4 Ω . minimum 3.4...
- Sophisticated aluminum woofer
- Custom-designed binding posts
The Uni-Fi slim series are speakers for true audiophiles. This pair will bring beauty and power to your living room or office.
These speakers will easily blend in a sophisticated environment. Their cabinets are slim and narrow, wrapped in black satin finish. Yet, their outer walls are made of thick and long-lasting Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF). The result is an elegant but authoritative look.
Meanwhile, the sound technology in this pair is hard to beat. Uni-Fi has a great three-way crossover, making the transition between the drivers seamless. If you like music with a lot of bass, then you will like this pair.
Elac also equipped these speakers with custom-designed drivers, where the tweeter and midrange cone are placed concentrically.
Add that to the extended size magnet with vented pole piece, and you have speakers with greater power handling. That means you’ll get clean, powerful bass sounds and detailed voices.
If you’re an audiophile on a budget, it’s one of the best bookshelf under 1000 you could grab today.
- ASOLD IN PAIRS - SATIN BLACK.
- Sensivity 86 dB IEC Long Term Power Handling > 150 W Impedance (nominal) 6 ohms.
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB) 50 Hz – 23 kHz Weight 5.6 kg Dimensions (W x H x D mm) 170 x 292 x...
- GRILLS INCLUDED.
- FIVE YEAR MANUFACTURER DEFECT WARRANTY.
This is another beauty that isn’t afraid to throw a punch or two. If you have a small room, the Emit M10 pair is one of the best bookshelf speakers under 1000 you could buy.
The Emit M10 speakers can come in either white or black satin, which will complement a room with a bold look. At only 6.7 x 11.5 x 9.4 inches, these speakers are also smaller and lighter than other pairs in this list. With that said, they don’t fall short in power.
This speaker has a mid/bass driver and soft-dome tweeter. These drivers work together with a first-order crossover, giving you sound that seems to be enveloping you.
The tuned bass-reflex port and long-throw driver, meanwhile, are specially designed to engulf smaller rooms. You will hear clean sounds and excellent low bass.
For its compact size but powerful sound, Emit M10 is one of the best bookshelf speakers under 1000 nowadays.
- Frequency Range (+/-3 dB): 51Hz-26,000Hz
- Sensitivity (2,83 V/1 m): 86dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25W-100W
- Recommended Placement: Shelf or stand
- Dimensions (HWD): 10.8" x 6.4" x 9.2"
If you like compact devices and watching TV series with a lot of dialogue, then the Dali Obreron 1 is for you.
The Dali Oberon 1 brings premium sounds at an affordable price. You can attribute its great mids and bass sounds to Soft Magnetic Compound or SMC-based woofer.
This patented technology by Dali is also known to reduce harmonic distortion, which helps avoid the device from eventually overheating.
With that said, you can add a subwoofer to add to its bass depth.
The lightweight tweeter, meanwhile, is specially designed by Dali for the Oberon series. It reduces the movement of the voice coil. This will prevent the latter from burning out.
These speakers also have commendable modern design. It comes in an aluminum base and rounded corners. You can get it in white, dark walnut, ash, black ash, or light oak—timeless colors that fit contemporary rooms.
So, if you’re particular about voice clarity and fine craftsmanship, then the Dali Oberon is the best bookshelf speakers under 1000 you could have.
- POWERED BLUETOOTH BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS WITH INTEGRATED DAC: The HD6 Bluetooth Speakers feature...
- FEATURES Perfect for TV sound, it’s wireless that works with all your devices and apps, and...
- WORKS WITH Turntables with built-in or external preamps, all music players: phones, desktop...
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine HD6 Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth antenna, aluminum...
- WARRANTY: Audioengine builds quality speakers that they stand behind. All Audioengine products come...
Here’s a versatile yet premium pair from Audioengine. HD6 is that pair of speakers you’d want if you can’t help but switch among different gadgets.
We like how it brings incredible convenience for any kind of listener. It has Bluetooth and USB connectivity; plus, it can work with a turntable. So, you can use this pair with any device where you can stream music, play records, or watch movies.
It even comes with a remote control, if you like to use it with a device other than your smartphone.
The sound is nothing but pleasurable. It’s equipped with 24-bit DAC, a digital interface between a speaker and computer that helps enhance the sound quality. That means you can now say goodbye to low-quality music with a lot of unnecessary noise, once you have these speakers at home.
For its incredible versatility and premium sound quality, HD6 is for sure among the best bookshelf speakers under 1000.
- Real Stereo Separation between left and right creates a more enveloping sound than today’s sound...
- True Entertainment The legendary award-winning sound you've come to expect from Klipsch proprietary...
- True Wireless No need for an A/V receiver or wires with these speakers
- True Home
Klipsch’s RW-51M promises a full, crystal-clear surround-sound—and, oh boy, does it deliver.
Because of Klipsch’s patented 90×90º Tractrix® horn technology, you will hear cleaner sounds with less reverb and filtering.
If you have a sharp ear, you would have less worries about distortion because of its Injection Molded Graphite (IMG) woofer cones and Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) aluminum tweeter.
The former provides lower frequency response—together with the tweeter, you will get more detailed sounds.
Plus, since it’s wireless, RW-51M is effortless to install. In just a few seconds, it can also easily connect to your devices for streaming media, thanks to the WiSA technology. This lets home theaters function flawlessly without the need for an A/V receiver and wires.
Klipsch is reliable, both in convenience and sound quality. It’s one of the best bookshelf speakers under 1000 you could get online.
As you can see, the best bookshelf speakers do not only have high-quality sounds but also convenient features. So, as vintage as some of these may look, they will still captivate the ears of listeners of every age.
What is the best sounding speaker?
If you have the budget right now, get the SVS Ultra pair. For the undeniably premium sound it gives, we bet audiophiles would agree that it’s too cheap.
What are the best bookshelf speakers for $100?
For only $137.00, you can have compact but main speakers with Klipsch R-41M. It’s sleek, lightweight, plus it comes with the coveted Tractrix Horn Technology by Klipsch.
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.