Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
What makes the best camera sling bags that you can buy today? Is it the style, comfort, or price? For once, the best camera sling bag is a combination of a shoulder bag’s convenience and a backpack’s comfort.
Every photographer needs a camera bag to safely and comfortably carry his camera around.
Some bags focus on storage, while others focus on durability. Some also combine portability and ease of use, and that is exactly what a sling bag is.
Sling bags have simple yet functional designs, which gives them their own distinct advantages against other types of bags.
Generally, sling bags are characterized by having a single shoulder strap, which you can wear diagonally across your body. The bag sits lightly on your back, which allows you to swing it back and forth to access your gears in a split second without the need to put it down.
It’s as if sling bags are giving you the best of both worlds: comfort, storage, convenience, and portability. That is why it is no longer surprising to learn that most photographers have a number of sling bags, which they usually use during long sessions.
So, what are the best camera sling bags available today then? Let’s take a look!
Must-Read: Best FPV Drones of 2021
Best Camera Sling Bags #1: Tenba Solstice Sling
- All-Day Comfort and Quick Camera Access - Solstice Sling Bags provide the all-day carrying comfort...
- Capacity - Mirrorless or compact DSLR camera with 2-3 lenses (up to 70-200mm 2.8). Also fits DJI...
- Tablet sleeve - fits an iPad Mini or similar sized 8-inch tablet.
- Tripod/Bottle storage - side pocket fits a tripod or a large water Bottle.
The Tenba Solstice Sling is a simple yet fully functional camera sling bag with plenty of rooms. It has a 10L capacity, which means that it can carry around a mirrorless camera or a pro-size DSLR, a pair of lenses, and a small tripod or monopod. A 10-inch tablet can fit inside it too.
It also comes with a fully-integrated and adjustable sling strap, which makes it comfortable to carry on your shoulder. With it, you can just swing it in front in case you need something inside it.
A secondary cross-body strap is available too. You can use this in keeping your things safe and stable, specifically when you are active. Both straps are well-padded, making this sling bag one of the most comfortable camera bags ever.
The Tenba Solstice Sling has two large compartments. Both compartments are zippered to help keep your gears, most especially when transporting them.
You can place your camera and lenses on the specially designed back pocket. This features three adjustable and removable touch-fastening dividers.
On the other hand, the front pocket has an organized sleeve where you can place your tablet, smartphone, pens, and other small accessories. Outside the bag is a stretch pouch for your water bottle, monopod, or small tripod.
The Tenba Solstice Sling is made out of a water-resistant 420D nylon fabric and 3D air mesh. This ensures that the bag is comfortable to carry on both cold and hot days. It also comes with a rain cover that protects your bag and gears in extreme weather conditions.
Must-Read: 5 Best Logitech Headsets You Can Buy Today
Best Camera Sling Bags #2: Vanguard Alta Rise 43 Sling
- +6 - expand or contract with one simple zipper and quick-action - side access in split seconds
- ‘Magic’ pocket - full length, padded internal pocket with easy and discreet external access and...
- Comfortable carrying - air system back, padded sling strap & securing strap and always protected -...
- No fumbling - bright colored interior makes finding things easy and well organized - dedicated...
- Keep dry - total coverage rain cover
The Vanguard Alta Rise 43 Sling is one of the best camera sling bags that measures 265 x 450 x 200mm. Yes, this bag is kinda bulky, but it gives a lot of space too. Its bulkiness is mainly because of its superb level of front and rear padding.
It has thick interior dividers in yellow, which makes it stand out. When fully loaded, the bag can carry a mirrorless camera or a Pro DSLR, a flash, 4-5 lenses up to 24-70 f/2.8, related accessories. A small laptop or tablet can be added too.
What makes this sling camera bag amazing is you can either increase or decrease its storage capacity depending on your needs. You can do this in as easy as one easy zipper motion.
There are two ways for you to access what is inside your bag. You can either use the side access or through the opening top/front panel. The latter will reveal everything inside your bag, just like a typical backpack.
Its top compartment is an open space, that is square-ish and is large enough to carry your essential camera gears. Multiple smaller accessory slots and pouches are also available for your convenience.
When bringing a tripod, you can have it attached to the mounting points on one side of the bag.
Comfort-wise, the shoulder strap is not that wide but is very thickly padded. The shoulder strap is supplemented by a small waist strap.
The back of the bag is made from air mesh materials, which reduces moisture and allows air to freely flow.
Must-Read: Best Camcorders for YouTube
Best Camera Sling Bags #3: Manfrotto Pro Light FastTrack-8 2-in-1
- ONE PRODUCT, TWO FUNCTIONS: The Pro Light FastTrack combines a bag with a camera shoulder strap
- PROFESSIONAL: The perfect camera shoulder bag and strap combination for carrying premium CSC cameras
- PRACTICAL: The camera bag allows you to change camera lenses quickly using the easy and practical...
- SAFE: The Camera Protection System (CPS) and the zipper puller with safety closure are just two of...
- SUITABLE FOR TRIPODS: The standard camera strap connectors keep the hole for the tripod open and...
The Manfrotto Pro Light FastTrack-8 2-in-1 is the very first ever camera sling bag that comes with an integrated camera strap. This is possible by removing your camera from the sling bag’s main compartment first. After that, you just have to pull the sling strap, then your camera will now rise in your hands.
The straps of the Manfrotto Pro Light FastTrack-8 2-in-1 have lockable buckles you can attach to the strap rings on the sides of your camera. These buckles are clipped to the bag’s integrated strap that prevents your camera from slipping. This also keeps it away from tangling up with the shoulder strap.
This camera sling bag is water-repellant. It weighs 0.73kg / 1.6lbs and measures 40 x 22.5 x 13cm internally. Externally, the bag measures 42 x 24.5 x 14cm.
Its main compartment can fit your camera body with a lens attachment and two additional lenses. A pocket for your tablet or any other device up to 9.7 inches long is also available. You can attach your tripod internal bungee cord.
Other features that this sling bag has to offer include lockable zipper pulls and safety locks on the clips.
The Manfrotto Pro Light FastTrack-8 2-in-1 is made out of lightweight yet strong and solid materials. It also comes with handy zippers, which you can easily find even with closed eyes.
Both the bag and shoulder strap has a lined padded mesh, making the bag comfortable to wear even on long hours. It breathes well too even in warm weather conditions.
Its strap is securely sewn to the bottom and top of the bag. You can adjust it too based on your height by pulling the clip open, then move it up or down. Do not forget to close the clip again.
Must-Read: Best DSLR Cameras Under $500
Best Camera Sling Bags #4: MindShift Gear PhotoCross
- Fits an ungripped DSLR 2–4 lenses including a 70–200mm f/2 8 and some 13” laptops Example...
- Dedicated padded pocket fits a tablet or a laptop (13 = some 13” laptops)
- Easy rotation for rapid access to gear and accessories
- Weatherproof zippers and materials and durable materials provide abrasion resistance
- Exterior Dimensions 12 6” W x 17 7” H x 7 1” D (32 x 45 x 18 cm) Interior Dimensions 9 4” W...
The MindShift Gear PhotoCross is one of the most popular sling bags that has a very durable finish and water-resistant materials. Its zips are water-resistant too for added protection.
The MindShift Gear PhotoCross can withstand challenging situations in almost any weather condition. This makes it the perfect companion for adventurous photographers at that.
Its exterior has a water-repellent coating. Alongside it is the use of heavy-duty materials to make the bag more durable.
The bag of this sling bag is an air mesh fabric, which makes it really breathable. With it, your back remains cool even when using the bag for long hours.
It also comes with a rain cover, which you can use to protect both the bag and your gears in case of a downpour. Its bottom panel is waterproof too, so you don’t have to worry that it will get wet in case you accidentally put it down somewhere.
You can find two smaller pockets on the bag’s exterior pocket (a pocket within a pocket). These smaller pockets can fit round or square filters.
On its side are two carrying handles. There’s also one on top. These are all very helpful and handy, especially when you are in a rush.
Inside its major compartment aren’t here large compartments. With it, you can put 2 mirrorless cameras with attached medium-sized lenses. There will still be room for another medium-sized lens or a longer telephoto lens at that.
Aside from that, it also has a well-padded computer section, which can hold an electronic device up to 13 inches long. A mesh compartment inside the top flap is also available.
Comfort-wise, the MindShift Gear PhotoCross weighs 2.4 lbs and measures 24 x 36 x 14 cm. Its shoulder strap is wide enough, which makes it really comfortable.
Must-Read: Cheapest Mirrorless Cameras
Best Camera Sling Bags #5: Think Tank TurnStyle V2.0
- Fits standard DSLR, larger mirrorless system (Sony A7, Panasonic GH4), 8” tablet, 24-70mm f/2.8 or...
- Easy rotation for rapid access to gear and accessories
- Stabilizer strap holds the bag steady while active or tucks away when not in use
- Dedicated, padded pocket fits an 8" tablet
- Exterior Dimensions: 8.3” W x 15.4” H x 5.2” D (21 x 39 x 13.2 cm), Internal Dimensions:...
The Think Tank TurnStyle V2.0 is one of the lightest camera sling bags available today. The bag is perfect for hobbyist photographers who are looking for a simple yet durable bag to carry their gears around.
This camera sling bag is available in different sizes, with 20 being the largest. Regardless of the size, the bag has two compartments, wherein one is inside and the other one is on the front.
The inside compartment is large enough to fit two mirrorless cameras with APS-C or 4/3 sensors, plus two additional lenses. If not, the bag can fit one full-frame mirrorless camera.
Removable standard separators are also available, which you can use to avoid your gears from bunions against each other.
The front pocket is relatively smaller. This can only hold smaller items, including lens caps, lens filters, memory cards, batteries, or cables.
You can use it to store your keys or wallets. Or, a 10-inch tablet can be stored there as well.
The TurnStyle V2.0 uses tightly woven nylon materials, which makes the bag durable and weather-proof. For added support, you can use the basic waist strap.
Must-Read: Best Cameras Under $1000
Best Camera Sling Bags #6: Lowepro Slingshot Edge 150 AW
- The Slingshot Edge 150 AW fits a mirrorless camera with attached lens (such as 40-150mm f/4. 0-5....
- Designed for smooth operation and extra security. Rotate sling to front, unzip side-access pocket...
- You're free to move about with ease thanks to the incredibly slim design, padded backpad and...
- Get protection for your photo and personal gear inside and out. Slingshot Edge includes a fully...
- Keep your favorite devices with you! A separate, CradleFit pocket keeps your tablet safe from...
If you are looking for a portable and lightweight camera sling bag, then the Lowepro Slingshot might exactly be what you are looking for. This sling bag is lightweight enough that it only weighs 1.2 pounds.
It has a very compact size but can hold a lot of items. The bag has enough room for a mid-sized mirrorless camera with two or three lenses.
There are removable velcro inserts inside it, which allows you to arrange them the way you like it. You can put a tablet inside too that you can use in case you want to edit your photos.
In front of the bag is a small pocket divided into different compartments. You can use this to store small items such as extra batteries, portable battery banks, memory cards, or USB cables.
There are also two straps which you can see in its front. You can use this to mount your monopod or tripod. You can place your water bottle there too.
Must-Read: Best Leica Cameras
Best Camera Sling Bags #7: Tamrac Jazz Sling Bag 76 V2.0
- COMPACT BAG – Lightweight and versatile, this DSLR bag is easy to use and comfortable to carry.
- FAST ACCESS TO YOUR CAMERA – Just open your bag, remove the set up and shoot. Everything is held...
- CONVENIENT TABLET SLEEVE – Carry everything you need with interior touch-fastened dividers that...
- EASILY RETRIEVING YOUR EQUIPMENT – This bag features a zippered opening and two side mesh storage...
- COMPACT DSLR OR MIRRORLESS CAMERA BAG – Protect your extra lenses and flash units with adjustable...
Weighing only 482g, the Tamrac Jazz Sling Bag 76 V2.0 is one of the lightest camera sling bags you can get today. It has a fairly small size but can carry a good number of items.
The bag can perfectly fit a full-frame DSLR camera with a lens attached, a mid-sized lens, and a flashgun all at the same time.
The top port of the Tamrac Jazz Sling Bag 76 V2.0 has removable dividers. You can use this to store small items.
It has a basic strap, with just the right size, that is extremely comfortable. It’s well-padded too, making the nag even more comfortable to carry around. The bag’s back panel is padded as well.
Inside the Tamrac Jazz Sling Bag 76 V2.0 is a compartment large enough to fit an 8-inch tablet. There is also a mesh pouch where you can place your water bottle or tripod.
Must-Read: Cheapest Full Frame DSLR and 4k DSLR
Best Camera Bags #8: Peak Design Everyday Sling
- Camera bag inserts organize drone kits, mirrorless/SLR camera kit, or a DSLR camera and accessories.
- Convertible, reversible strap for cross-body sling and fanny pack/waist bag carry.
- Protective tablet sleeve (Max Tablet Capacity: 24 cm (9.4”) x 18.5 cm (7.3”) x 1.5 cm (0.6”)....
- 2 stretchy inner side pockets,1 external pocket, and 2 FlexFold dividers for organization.
- Weatherproof 400D nylon canvas shell camera bag sling. Soft, durable cotton/poly twill interior.
The Peak Design Everyday Sling is the perfect combination of versatility, portability, and storage. It only weighs 1.9 pounds, which is just enough to balance everything in and out of it.
The bag has a main compartment with removable padded dividers. It offers enough space for two smaller mirrorless cameras with a lens or two or a mid-range DSLR.
You can also find a long zippered pocket inside, where you can place your pens, cables, lens, or portable red flashlights.
An additional pocket in front of the nag is available too. You can use this space to store your charger or extra batteries.
The Peak Design Everyday Sling is made out of high-quality and water-resistant materials. It has durable zippers too, which protects your gears.
Finally, the bag is flexible enough to use on your shoulders or waist.
Best Camera Sling Bags #9: Lowepro Slingshot 102
- Fits a DSLR with attached standard zoom lens, 1-2 extra lenses or a flash and accessories, a compact...
- Original camera sling bag design allows for quick rotation from back to front to access your camera
- Hideaway Tripod Mount system secures a compact tripod or monopod to side of the sling via foldout...
- Patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover? protects your camera gear and personal items from the...
- SlipLock attachment loops expand carrying capacity by adding compatible pouches, cases and bags
If you are new to photography, then the Lowepro Slingshot 102 could be a great bag to start with. The bag is affordable but is durable enough to carry around.
The bag measures 8.7 x 8.3 x 15.9 inches and only weighs 1.54 pounds. Despite its relatively low weight, the bag can carry all the important photography gears you need for a day’s adventure.
It comes with a built-in water protection cover you can use just in case it drizzles of rain. There is also a tripod mounting system, which makes it easy to carry your tripod or monopod around.
Several smaller pockets are available too, to store smaller items such as lens caps, USB cables, and extra batteries
But the best thing about the Lowepro Slingshot 102 is the storage space that it offers. It has a main compartment with three removable padded separators. The space is big enough to securely wrap around a midrange DSLR camera with around one or two lenses.
Must-Read: Best Drones for GoPro
Camera sling bags are a very big help not just in carrying your camera around but also in protecting them too from any damage. These bags are very handy when it comes to keeping your cameras secured and in place.
When choosing your camera sling bag, make sure that you check every aspect of it to ensure that you are getting exactly what you need. And finally, always go for the most comfortable bag since you will be using it a lot of times.
What are the things to look for when choosing a camera sling bag?
Basically, the things that you should look for when choosing a camera asking bag is its size, essential extras, the material used, and strap. You should check how stable it is when used too.
Which is better, a backpack or a sling bag?
Backpack and sling bags are unique in their own ways. Backpacks are very comfortable, while sling bags are best for their accessibility. The answer all relies on your choice and on your needs as well.
Check out these articles too:
Photo Video Lounge is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc.